INSPIRATION

pjkesq

INSPIRATION

Sun Mar 03, 2019 7:45 pm

I have been playing the guitar for a very long time. There are many players here who are more skilled than I. But I want to sing the praises of Collings guitars and take time out to that them. My new OM2 SS VN is a dream come true. This guitar makes me sound better than I really am. It is inspiring me and causing me to play more than usual. For that I am so very grateful. :D

Jimmy G

Re: INSPIRATION

Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:08 pm

Collings Guitars has done this to me too. Around 2 years ago I played a Collings for the first time and it just drew me in. Wasn't familiar with Collings or planning on purchasing a guitar that day, but everything about this particular CJ35SB had what I really love about guitars....tone, playability and a gorgeous burst to boot. It can handle everything from strumming , flat and finger picking.

I'm afraid to pick up one of their mandolins!

Glad to hear your guitar inspires you to play music!

Hokiebob

Re: INSPIRATION

Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:32 am

I agree with you both. I love the natural beauty of a fine piece of wood. I also love fine craftsmanship. My Collings D2H has both in spades

Everytime I pick it up I first spend a minute or two just looking at it. Then after making sure it is in tune, I love to strum a G chord and let it ring just to remind myself just how great it sounds.

Like you I find myself trying harder just so I can do justice to the fine instrument the folks in Austin created.
Bob