Humidifiers

DavidLesage

Humidifiers

Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:40 am

Hello everyone,

just wanted to share my opinion on Oasis humidifiers. I bought two Oasis humidifiers and the bluetooth hygrometer as well.

The soundhole humidifier is the OH-1
Works very well, just fill it with distilled water every 7?days or so and insert it between strings 3 and 4 and you’re set. It is butt ugly with it’s tacky blue and yellow, where they afraid weld lose it in the dark? or that weld forget to remove it before playing? Anyways, it works well and will not touch the wood of your guitar the way they designed it.

I noticed that the OH-1 alone was unable to increase the humidity level to more than 41-42%. So added the OH-6. Also butt ugly but also an effective design. This one stick to a metal clip with magnets. Humidity levels are now 50% and I am happy but noticed that it went up to 58% the other day as the temperatures outside are rising. So I will not need the OH-6 during summer.

The hygrometer works. Bluetooth pairs well with my phone. The interface is very basic. Ok, it’ll make a plot of the different values but you need to open the app often during a week to get decent monitoring. The hygromètre unit, when disconnected from the app in your phone, does not measure humidity levels and store them in memory to push data later when your phone eventually connects to the hygrometer. So the quality of data is dependant upon the frequency at which you connect to the unit.

In brief, a good, effective and butt-ugly product! :-)

David

Wannabecowboy01

Re: Humidifiers

Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:11 am

Living in Arizona, I needed a room humidifier for my guitars. (Today is 19%). I just bought a room humidifier that is supposed to keep the room at about 50% relative humidity.
What are you all using to keep our babies in a great climate?
Thanks

John

Red Oak

Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:28 am

DavidLesage wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2019 12:40 am Hello everyone,

just wanted to share my opinion on Oasis humidifiers. I bought two Oasis humidifiers and the bluetooth hygrometer as well.

The soundhole humidifier is the OH-1
Works very well, just fill it with distilled water every 7?days or so and insert it between strings 3 and 4 and you’re set. It is butt ugly with it’s tacky blue and yellow, where they afraid weld lose it in the dark? or that weld forget to remove it before playing? Anyways, it works well and will not touch the wood of your guitar the way they designed it.

I noticed that the OH-1 alone was unable to increase the humidity level to more than 41-42%. So added the OH-6. Also butt ugly but also an effective design. This one stick to a metal clip with magnets. Humidity levels are now 50% and I am happy but noticed that it went up to 58% the other day as the temperatures outside are rising. So I will not need the OH-6 during summer.

The hygrometer works. Bluetooth pairs well with my phone. The interface is very basic. Ok, it’ll make a plot of the different values but you need to open the app often during a week to get decent monitoring. The hygromètre unit, when disconnected from the app in your phone, does not measure humidity levels and store them in memory to push data later when your phone eventually connects to the hygrometer. So the quality of data is dependant upon the frequency at which you connect to the unit.

In brief, a good, effective and butt-ugly product! :-)

David
In my experience, 42 % humidity in the dead of winter is fine. Good luck!!

Hokiebob

Thu Mar 24, 2022 5:47 pm

Wannabecowboy01 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 12:11 am Living in Arizona, I needed a room humidifier for my guitars. (Today is 19%). I just bought a room humidifier that is supposed to keep the room at about 50% relative humidity.
What are you all using to keep our babies in a great climate?
Thanks

John
I use a Venta LW25 Air Washer: https://www.amazon.com/VENTA-Comfort-Ai ... C71&sr=1-1

I move my guitars and the Venta into our bedroom for the winter so that our sinuses can enjoy the additional moisture too. Here in Charlotte my unit can keep the room between 40 and 50% quite easily even during a very cold cold snap. On the highest speed it adds about 3 quarts of water to the air each day. On Sunday I empty and rinse the tank and start again with fresh water. When I play I just bring a guitar or 2 out to the living room and play to my hearts content and then return them to the rack once I'm done for the day. Been doing it for 15+ years and never had a problem.

At the end of the season I clean it first with vinegar and water to remove any scaling from our hard water. Add the solution and let it run on the back porch for an hour. Then I rinse well and put in a bleach solution to get rid of any microorganisms than have moved in. After rinsing again I let it dry in the sun. Then I disassemble the fan section and wipe all the dust off the fan blades and then put it away.
Bob