New Owner-New Member

davidbeinct

New Owner-New Member

Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:13 pm

I tried a WL-K at Acoustic Music in Guilford Connecticut but couldn’t get myself to pull the trigger. It’s a lot of money for a new player, I told myself. I picked up an Eastman 00 but could not come to terms with the wider neck. Sold it and went down to one guitar, an Alvarez twelve fret parlor with solid mahogany top and laminate mahogany back and sides. Great guitar for the price but the Waterloo stayed in my thoughts. After getting some very generous Christmas money from my mother-in-law and socking most of it away, I decided to go for it. Acoustic Music hadn’t sold the WL-K so I went and tried it again. It was everything I remembered. I brought this beauty home yesterday.
https://imgur.com/a/RViQnx2
Sorry it’s a link. I got a box when I tried the img button. If anyone can tell me how to embed the image I’ll edit this post.

CBarclay

Re: New Owner-New Member

Sun Jan 31, 2021 7:37 pm

Fantastic! Great guitar that you'll enjoy for a long time.

uponamouse

Mon Feb 01, 2021 1:10 am

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum!
Cheers, Tom

Red Oak

Sat Jul 17, 2021 4:59 pm

Welcome indeed!! Let us know how your new guitar is working out for you!!!

Mr. Jelly

Mon Jul 19, 2021 1:24 pm

Great! Enjoy the guitar. Welcome

29er

Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:48 pm

Congrats on your new Waterloo. Play the snot out of it!

Red Oak

Wed Jul 21, 2021 2:41 pm

davidbeinct wrote: Sun Jan 31, 2021 3:13 pm I tried a WL-K at Acoustic Music in Guilford Connecticut but couldn’t get myself to pull the trigger. It’s a lot of money for a new player, I told myself. I picked up an Eastman 00 but could not come to terms with the wider neck. Sold it and went down to one guitar, an Alvarez twelve fret parlor with solid mahogany top and laminate mahogany back and sides. Great guitar for the price but the Waterloo stayed in my thoughts. After getting some very generous Christmas money from my mother-in-law and socking most of it away, I decided to go for it. Acoustic Music hadn’t sold the WL-K so I went and tried it again. It was everything I remembered. I brought this beauty home yesterday.
https://imgur.com/a/RViQnx2
Sorry it’s a link. I got a box when I tried the img button. If anyone can tell me how to embed the image I’ll edit this post.
Checked your link. It's a great looking guitar!! As others have said, it is meant to be played so enjoy!!!

drjond56

Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:02 am

Collings guitars are my personal favorite. O2 has been my main player for years. Wanting something with a different voice I bought a Waterloo WL-K a few months ago. Lightest guitar I have ever played and really distinct and balanced voice. I notice no drop-off in fit and finish on my Waterloo compared to the Collings. It is getting its full share of play time. I personally think it is easier to learn when you have a quality instrument, so you made a great purchase. Good pickin’ to you.

Jon

Red Oak

Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:27 pm

drjond56 wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 3:02 am Collings guitars are my personal favorite. O2 has been my main player for years. Wanting something with a different voice I bought a Waterloo WL-K a few months ago. Lightest guitar I have ever played and really distinct and balanced voice. I notice no drop-off in fit and finish on my Waterloo compared to the Collings. It is getting its full share of play time. I personally think it is easier to learn when you have a quality instrument, so you made a great purchase. Good pickin’ to you.

Jon
Well stated!